Check out these statistics and see if you want to move to Big Sky Country…
- In a recent Gallup poll, only 13 percent of Montanans indicated that they would move to another state if they could, the lowest percentage among all states.
- Montana ranks No. 1 among all states in the percentage of workers who telecommute per the Montana Telecommunications Association.
- High-tech companies are an important component of Montana’s economy, generating more than $1 billion in revenues in 2016 and growing at rates seven times faster than the statewide economy, according to a recent study conducted by the University of Montana Bureau of Business and Economic Research.
- According to the 2017 Kauffman Index on Startup Activity, Montana was one of the twenty-five smallest states with the highest startup activity in the 2017 Index.
- Montana ranked 8th for Quality of Life and 11th for the cost of doing business – CNBC’s America’s Top States for Business 2017
- Per Forbes Best States for Business, “High school attainment in Montana ranks the highest in the U.S.”
- Montana has the third shortest commute times of any state per Forbes Best States for Business
- The cost of Doing Business in Montana is 8% below the national average per Forbes Best States for Business.
- Montana’s High Tech Industry recently hit a milestone of $1 Billion+ in Revenues and expects to Add More Than 960 New Jobs that Pay Wages Twice the State Average – University of Montana Bureau of Business and Economic Research
- Montana does not have state sales tax, and the top tax bracket for income tax is 6.9%.
- Montana is a non-disclosure state. This means when real property conveys, it does so without an automatic increase in property taxes.
- When not working, Montana is the only place where you can experience blue-ribbon trout fishing on five local rivers, trail activities and wildlife in the Bitterroot-Selway Wilderness area (the largest wilderness area in the lower 48 states), extensive outdoor and cultural activities, a strong university system, and great restaurants, shopping and entertainment.
Ready to discover more of what Montana has to offer for business, home and life?
Please contact me at 406.240.6497 or here.